Commissioned by Southampton City Council, our short breaks provide children and young people with disabilities, or additional needs, an opportunity to spend time away from their parents, engage in fun activities and enjoy time with their friends.
They offer parents/carers a break from their caring responsibilities and time to spend with other family members and to catch-up on other daily tasks.
WHO IS IT FOR
The programme is open to all children and young people who:
- Have a disability or additional needs and may require support to participate fully in leisure or recreation activities
- Are eligible for and hold a MAX card PLUS
- Are aged between 4-19
Check your eligibility by reading the SCC Short Breaks Max Card Application Form.
HOW MUCH IS IT
Our short break activities begin at just £3 per child. Siblings, parents and friends are welcome to join in with most sessions too, however preference will always be given to children with SEND.
1. Choose an activity via the booking link below, that your child (or children) would like to try.
2. If you have any questions or would like more information, please get in touch with a member of the team.
3. Once you have received your booking confirmation, that's it, you're booked onto your SEND Session! It really is as easy as that!