Woodmill is a pillar of the Paddlesports community and a great place to interact with other paddlers. This is partly because of our location but mostly because we love to paddle.
Every person who joins our paddling community will be given a paddler development log book. This is to help guide your development and set you up as a proficient paddler able to go off and explore on your own.
Anyone looking to develop their paddling skills in a supportive environment.
From just £15.50 per session, or longer-term passes are available.
So you’ve given paddlesport a go, decided it’s for you and you want to find out where it can take you next.
Come along to our community sessions, where you too can become the master of the paddle. There’s no experience necessary on these sessions, our expert coaches will deliver high quality sessions to get you progressing skills fast. Each session is unique (check out the Autumn Itinerary below) and focuses on a specific skill to give you the confidence on the water.
Why take part in Woodmill’s Community Paddle Sessions?
– Paddle sessions allow you to have Taster of other advanced courses available at Woodmill, supporting the focus of your paddlesport pathway. We recommend regular attendance at our masterclass classes – allowing you to become a well-rounded paddlesport aficionado!
– Sessions have specific goals allowing paddlers to measure their progress.
– Paddlesport is amazing for fitness. You’ll develop your cardio, physical strength and flexibility.
– Paddle Sesions are a great way to prep and benchmark your skills for Woodmill’s off site trips.
– Paddle Sessions are a safe environment to start levelling up the challenge under the watchful eye of our coaches.
Aimed at developing children who can paddle confidently, our Youth Canoe Club sessions are fully supervised by one of our qualified instructors. The sessions are structured around the paddler development programme and introduce children to all Paddlesport disciplines.
Our popular touring trips along the coast are brilliant fun and showcase a vast variety of wildlife from birds to fish. You might even spot a seal if you are lucky!
Our trips usually set off from a popular location with the intention of stopping half way for a spot of lunch. Our trips are aimed at anyone that has done a bit of canoeing before, and aspiring to develop and include all equipment required, including wetsuits, boats, paddles and safety equipment.
Paddling is best experienced when shared so Woodmill offers frequent social paddles. Set up as an informal club, it’s a great place to meet up with other paddlers and gain a few tips from our coaches. This activity is perfect for families as the session is open to everyone.
Why not try taster sessions with Southampton Canoe Club, who are based withon our beautiful grounds too? Find out more about their club here.