Thinking of becoming a Lifeguard?
Completing the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is not only rewarding but it also provides you with key life skills such as first aid, CPR and rescue techniques. Handy skills to have!
Also working as a lifeguard and holding the qualification looks good on your CV, it demonstrates you’re a team player, have the dedication to works towards achieving a goal and proves you can work in a position of responsibility.
Before taking part in the course, all candidates must be 16 years of age, and must be able to meet the following fitness criteria:
- jump / dive into deep water
- swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the floor of the pool
- climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Please note that availability is limited to 12 candidates per course. The dates that are currently available are:
- Monday 5th – Friday 9thAugust
- Course Terms & Conditions
For more information regarding our NPLQ courses, or to book a place, please contact Dan.Wellsted@activenation.org.uk or our reception team on 02380 720900.