Thank you for your support and patience whilst we’ve reopened The Quays Swimming & Diving Complex, in line with the UK Active and Swim England Covid-19 guidance. We’re excited to let you know that we are re-commencing Swimming Lessons from Saturday 3rd October.
To adhere to the Swim England Return to Swimming guidance, we have had to reduce some of the class sizes and stagger the lesson start times. Therefore, over the next couple of weeks you may receive a call from a member of the team to help us coordinate your return to swimming. We are trying our best to accommodate every swimmer back into the same class and with the same swim teacher they had prior to the venue closure back in March. However, this may not be possible. So, we’ll be in touch with you over the next couple of weeks to confirm your lesson dates and times.
If you are not planning on returning to swimming lessons in October and haven’t already told us, we would really appreciate it if you could let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. This will help us to accommodate as many swimmers as possible.
- We’ve reduced the number of swimmers in each class to ensure social distancing measures are in place during the swimming lessons.
- We’ve staggered the start times of the swimming lessons to ease the flow of traffic through the changing rooms.
- We are asking no more than one parent or guardian to bring the child to their swimming lessons.
- We have introduced one-way systems both through the entrance, changing rooms and around poolside.
- We are asking parents and guardians to walk one way around poolside and drop their child off at the relevant teaching station for their class and to collect your child from the teacher at the end of the lesson.
- We are asking parents and guardians of all swimmers in Stages 3 and above to wait outside the venue whilst your child’s lesson takes place.
- Parents will need to accompany their child in the water for pre-school sessions and we encourage parents to also accompany their child in the water for Stage 1 lessons taking place in the Main Pool.
- We have limited viewing in the spectator gallery for Stage 1 and Stage 2 parents and guardians, if not accompanying their child in the water.
- There will be no showers or lockers available and we ask swimmers to come ‘swim ready’ wearing swim costumes underneath clothing to minimise any waiting time in the changing rooms.
- After the lesson the changing rooms will be available, but we ask you to be as prompt as possible in leaving the venue.
- Teachers will be teaching all lessons from the poolside and will not be teaching in the water.
If your child is unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 we ask you to refrain from attending the lesson and to follow the government advice.
For more information, please visit https://activenation.org.uk where you can find Active Nation’s Covid-19 statement or contact The Quays directly.
Thank you for your support!
At Active Nation we love teaching swimming! With over 100,000 attendances per year we pride ourselves on delivering consistently quality tuition.
We believe swimming is an essential life skill that everyone should have the opportunity to explore. Whether you’re a child or an adult, swimming can help with motor development, alleviate stress and help maintain physical and mental wellbeing.
The Swimming lessons follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme where students are rewarded throughout their progress. To view the swimming pathway click on this link http://www.swimming.org/swimengland/learn-to-swim-programme
Lessons run throughout the year on a 50 week plan with students being continually assessed and moved through the stages at their own pace based on ability. There is also an opportunity for parents to monitor their child’s progress on our state of the art home portal which you can access at anytime and anywhere online.
As a child’s confidence in swimming progresses there are many opportunities provided through Active Nation to pursue other interests in the aquatics discipline including Diving, Lifeguarding and Water Polo.
6 Main reasons to choose Active Nation’s Swim Lessons Programme:
- All teachers are Level 2 Swim England teaching in aquatics qualified
- The scheme is continuous and therefore students can enrol and progress at anytime
- Spread the cost over the year with our easy monthly Direct Debt payment
- Home Portal to monitor your child’s progress
- Unlimited Swimming in any public swimming sessions
- Free Parking
If you would like to any more information on the learn to swim programme please give us a call, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form below: