@AyanMuk99323621 Hi, unfortunately we don’t have an answer on this yet, but are putting together plans for all of o… https://t.co/o2iDdmCb1R
Following the Government’s announcement on the reopening of the leisure sector, we are pleased to confirm that Active Nation’s Gyms and Leisure Centres will reopen from 25th July 2020.
To begin with, our activities will be limited to the Gym and Exercise Classes so that we can implement new safety and distancing measures across our venues, with Swimming planned at this stage to resume on 10th August. Our plans will be monitored and evaluated on a daily basis, with an increase in activity offerings and sessions as each week passes, until we are able to safely resume full ‘normal’ timetables across each of our facilities.
To begin with, as stipulated by government guidance, our supporters will be required to pre-book their gym sessions and exercise classes through our App and online supporter portal, so that we can control attendance numbers and ensure safe social distancing can be easily put in place.
So that you have full confidence around returning to our venues, below we have listed some key actions that our teams and venues will be adhering to, alongside the UKactive Fit Together Covid 19 guidance:
1) Our teams will receive all of the necessary training and new ways of working to ensure that your experience remains enjoyable and safe prior to our venues reopening.
2) Our venue layouts may be adjusted to ensure that our facilities apply to social distancing rules, for example some classes may be outside, gym equipment may be spaced more than usual, and occupancy levels will be lowered to allow for more spacing.
3) We will put in place new and heightened safety and hygiene protocols. New specialist cleaning chemicals and regimes have been implemented to take extra precautions.
4) Increased use of our technology and online booking through the app and website will make planning and booking your sessions easier, whilst helping us to control demand in the early phases of re-opening. Pre-booking for activities will open from 18th July on our app and website, so that you have 7 days advanced booking opportunity.
5) Our changing rooms and lockers will be closed to begin with, so you will be required to arrive pre-dressed for your workout and shower at home. Toilets will be available though as normal.
Following the Government and Chief Medical Officer’s message that physical activity remains an essential part of maintaining your wellbeing, we know that Active Nation has a key role to play in supporting your health and happiness, so our aim is always to provide a safe, enjoyable and easy experience for you upon your return. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Around 17th July you will receive an email from Active Nation confirming that your membership will resume from 25th July 2020, giving you full access to our gym and classes as they restart. This will give you the remainder of July for free, without payment required, with your normal monthly payment resuming from 1st August on Direct Debit at the previous usual amount. Please note that this only applies to gym, swim and class membership, swim lessons will be applied at a later date once they are able to commence.
If however, you do not feel able to return to the gym just yet, you will be able to freeze your membership by visiting the supporter portal, details of which will be in the email received on 17th July.
Alternatively, if you feel that you wanted to cancel your membership entirely, you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will keep this page regularly updated leading up to our opening as new information is available.
As always, thank you for your continued support.