Active Nation Day 2019
Become water confident for £32
Congratulations for taking the first steps towards water confidence. We recognise your anxiety levels are probably quite high right now, but rest assured you’re in safe hands.
Developed by Swim England, our Be Water Confident programme is a 4 week course designed specifically for adults like you who may either have no previous swimming experience, or have had a negative experience involving water.
ACTIVE NATION CELEBRATES 10 YEAR MILESTONE WITH ACTIVE NATION DAY
In September 2019, Active Nation celebrated its 10 year anniversary. Since 2009, the charity has inspired over 42 million visits to its 22 nationwide venues. Working in partnership with over 15 local authorities, governing bodies, national charities and sports clubs, Active Nation’s mission since day one has been to persuade the nation to be active – and that they are certainly doing!
On 25 September 2019, Active Nation Day celebrated this significant milestone with all things physical activity. Local communities, businesses and local groups were invited to visit their local Active Nation venue, to take part in an array of free activities from dry slope skiing to trampolining, sailing to swimming, the gym to group exercise classes, and much more.
Looking back on the past decade, Active Nation is extremely proud of its work and the incredible impact it has had on local communities across the UK:
- 130,000 children taught to swim.
- 58,000 children kept active during the school holidays.
- 280,000 people inspired to be active in Active Nation gyms.
- Over 50,000 people supported with their nutrition goals.
- Over 5,000 people with disabilities inspired to get active for the first time and supported to stay active.
- Worked with over 1,000 sports clubs.
- 42,000,000 visits to Active Nation venues across the UK.
Stuart Martin, Managing Director of Active Nation says of the milestone: “The past 10 years have seen an incredible change and transformation for Active Nation. As a charity we have grown significantly in size with the addition of new venue partnerships with local authorities and expanded into new communities with the acquisition of new venues including budget gyms, a boutique offering and a trampoline park. We have burst into the OCR community with the launch of Active Warrior and linked in with a number of national organisations to provide activities outside of our four walls in parks and open spaces.
“The real achievement though is the impact that over 42,000,000 visits from our supporters has played in improving the health of the nation through regular physical activity.”
Simon Walters, Director for Communities and Environment, City of Lincoln Council congratulates the charity: “On behalf of the City of Lincoln Council and more importantly, the residents and visitors to our City, we would like to thank you for all your hard work and commitment over the last 10 years. Your expert guidance, support and very positive attitude to partnership working has enabled us together to completely transform the leisure facilities we now provide in the city.”
10 of our proudest achievements
We've made it our mission to persuade the nation to be active over the last 10 years...and this is just the start of many more years to come! Over the past 10 years we have:
- Taught 130,000 children to swim.
- Inspired 280,000 people to be active in our gyms.
- Supported over 50,000 people with their nutrition goals.
- Had over 42,000,000 visits to our venues
- Kept over 58,000 children active during the school holidays.
- Launched and sustained programmes that deliver free activities over many local communities.
- Supported over 5,000 people with disabilities to get active for the first time and stay active.
- Worked with over 1,000 sports clubs.
- Partnered with over 15 local authorities, governing bodies, national charities or clubs to help get more communities active.
- Worked on projects that have invested over £20m in improving sports and exercise facilities across the UK.