Happy Times Pre-School
We actively promote and encourage the growth of positive self-image and confidence and with our staff we create an environment that ensures children feel secure, happy and relaxed. Happy Times seek to provide:At Happy Times Pre-School, our aim is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children in our community, where they can learn and develop.
- Quality and consistency in the early years setting, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind.
- A secure foundation which is made by learning and development opportunities is reviewed regularly. We recognise that planning for individuals is paramount and that the gaining of skills and knowledge should be planned appropriately to their needs. We provide opportunities for children to take responsibility and share in decisions that affect them.
- Partnership working between practitioners and with parents/carers. We also work closely with our local children’s centre and other outside agencies.
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice ensuring that every child is included and supported appropriately.
- A unique child
- Positive relationships
- Learning and development
- Enabling environments
- The length of time, children’s names have been on the waiting list.
- Whether siblings already attend or have attended our nursery. We also take into account the actual sessions that are required, in relation to the available sessions.
- We provide parents/carers with enrolment packs, which include all the required information. We describe our nursery and its practices in terms of how it treats each child and their family, regard to their needs arising from their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion, and ethnicity or having English as a second language.
- We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining our nursery to prevent any accidental discrimination occurring. We aim to protect and nurture the health and well-being of every child.
- We make our equal opportunities policy widely known and we also recognise, promote and protect the language and symbols of our own and other cultures.
- While we are flexible about our attendance patterns, we try and accommodate the needs of individual children and their families. All parents/carers are offered a range of methods to pay for their childcare fees. However, it is made clear that various methods such as funding, tax credits or payments from a college or university can also be accepted. It is the parent/carers responsibility to ensure that their childcare account is kept free from debt.