Looking To Get Back Into Sport?
Walking Football … how can you walk and play a sport?
Walking football is designed to aid people towards maintaining an active lifestyle despite their age, as well as getting those back playing football who had to stop due to injuries. As the name suggests, Walking Football is non-contact and anyone that sprints, runs or jogs while the ball is in play will be penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team.
When Can I Play?
We currently have 2 sessions which run on a weekly basis;
- Monday 11am-12pm,
- Thursday 7pm-8pm
Our sessions currently consist of a warm up, small technique and skill work, game play and another cool down.
The cost is £3 day time session and £4 evening session.
How Old Do I Have To Be To Play?
The initial steer is towards over 50’s, regardless of ability or fitness levels all are welcome. If you are interested in participating and are not quite 50 years old, contact Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Is There A Team I Can Join?
From the continued training sessions, Active Nation now has a team; Southampton Strollers. Southampton Strollers recently competed in their first walking football friendly against Farnborough, with entries into two competitive tournaments for 2015.
I’m Not 100% Sure About Giving Walking Football A try?
Check out the latest testimonials from some of our players on why they participate in walking football.
Richard- 50 years young
- Proudest football moment – “Scoring a hat trick on my 14th birthday in a competitive match.”
- What do you enjoy most about walking football? – “I enjoy the exercise and to play a sport I have always enjoyed when younger..”
- What would be your piece of advice for those who are unsure or worried about giving the sport a try? – “It is great fun and if you enjoy football it is the next best thing without the exertion. .”
Mike – 61 years young
- Proudest football moment – “Play for Skelmersdale United Reserves when the first team won The FA Amateur Cup in 1971. .”
- What do you enjoy most about walking football? – “Exercise, thinking—good company..”
- What would be your piece of advice for those who are unsure or worried about giving the sport a try? – “Give it a try and work to your level..”